Greensand light and leaves
Greensand light and leaves
Hascombe Hill, Surrey, England - Autumn colours soak up the last rays of evening sunshine next to this installation. Made by local artist Tom Nicholson-Smith, the individual “Grains” are carved from oak and represent the variety of shapes of the Greensand Formation particles of which this hill is made.
EDITION SIZE - Open
- Sizes: I offer three paper print sizes on this website as standard to keep things simple: A3 (297 x 420mm), A2 (420 x 594mm) and A1 (594 x 841mm).
- Printing and paper: I make all A2 and A3 prints myself on a professional Canon inkjet printer. The pigment-based inks I use resist fading in UV light and so provide a more colour-fast print than dye-based inks. Prints are made onto Fotospeed matt fine art paper (Platinum Etching 285) which has excellent colour reproduction and, in conjunction with the pigment inks, ensures a print life of over 85 years. A1 prints are made by Fotospeed using identical inks and paper on a larger Canon printer.
- Borders: Each image will be printed with a minimum border of 20mm around it to allow for mounting.
- Authentication: All prints are signed, numbered (if the edition is limited) and blind-stamped by me. You will also receive a signed certificate of authenticity.
- Packaging: Prints are rolled in acid-free tissue paper, placed inside 4 inch diameter cardboard tubes with a 3mm wall thickness and secured with plastic end caps to give them the best protection for a safe journey to their final destination.
- Costs: Postage and packing to all destinations within the UK is included in the price shown in the drop-down list below. The cost of delivery outside the UK is based on the size and weight of the print and packaging as well as the delivery destination. This will be calculated automatically at checkout and added to the total. You will have a chance to review the total cost, including delivery, before being asked to confirm your order.
- Delivery Destinations: Deliveries are available to almost anywhere in the world via UPS. Please be aware that you as the customer may be liable for customs/import charges according to your local regulations.
- How to buy: Click in the box next to the “add to basket” button at the bottom of the page. Select by clicking on the desired image size, finish and price from the drop-down box - it will then be the only item showing in the box. Next click “ADD TO BASKET” and the selected print will appear in the basket, located at the top right of your screen. By clicking on the basket you can complete the transaction securely, change the number of prints, or remove a print from your basket.
- Payment method: All payments will be taken using Stripe which is a trusted, safe and secure gateway with a PCI Service Provider Level 1 certificate, the most stringent level of security certification available. Stripe accepts most debit and credit cards. Your card details will only be collected and processed by Stripe. Your card details do not pass through the Nick Oakley Photography website and as such no card details will be collected or stored by Nick Oakley Photography or on our webserver.
- Confirmation: A confirmation email will be sent once the payment has been successfully taken. This is usually immediate although it can take up to two days.