Waverley Abbey, Farnham, Surrey, England - Sheephatch Copse rises a softly lit backdrop to this scene, with the River Wey flowing concealed at its foot towards the ruins of Waverley Abbey, the first of the Cistercian monasteries founded in England in 1128. In the still of night almost nine hundred years later, moisture lifting from the river has coated the trees before freezing to create an uncharacteristic blanket of frost over the landscape. Then, with the sun’s early touch, ice begins to steam back into mist, giving the cattle a dramatic stage for their apparent stand-off.
EDITION SIZE - Limited to 50 prints
- Sizes: I offer three paper print sizes to keep things simple: A3 (297 x 420mm), A2 (420 x 594mm) and A1 (594 x 841mm).
- Printing and paper: I make all A2 and A3 prints myself on a professional Canon inkjet printer. The pigment-based inks resist fading in UV light and so provide a more colour-fast print. Prints are made onto Fotospeed matt fine art paper (Natural Soft Textured 315) which has excellent colour reproduction and with the pigment inks ensures a print life of over 85 years. A1 prints are made by Fotospeed using identical inks and paper on a larger Canon printer.
- Borders: Each image will be printed with a minimum border of 20mm around it to allow for mounting.
- Authentication: All prints are signed, numbered (if the edition is limited) and blind-stamped by me. You will also receive a signed certificate of authenticity.
- Different sizes and finishes: Please email me if you have a specific request for a non-standard size, border, finish or product.
- Packaging: Prints are rolled in acid-free tissue paper, placed inside 4 inch diameter cardboard tubes and secured with plastic end caps to give them the best protection for a safe journey to their final destination.
- Costs: Postage and packing to all destinations within the UK is included in the price shown in the drop-down list below. The cost of delivery outside the UK is based on the size and weight of the print and packaging as well as the delivery destination. This will be calculated automatically at checkout and added to the total. You will have a chance to review the total cost, including delivery, before being asked to confirm your order.
- Delivery Destinations: Deliveries are available to almost anywhere in the world via UPS. Please be aware that you as the customer may be liable for customs/import charges according to your local regulations.
- How to buy: Click in the box next to the “add to basket” button at the bottom of the page. Select by clicking on the desired image size and price from the drop-down box - it will then be the only item showing in the box. Next click “ADD TO BASKET” and the selected print will appear in the basket. By clicking on the basket you can complete the transaction securely, change the number of prints, or remove a print from your basket.
- Payment method: All payments will be taken using Stripe which is a trusted, safe and secure gateway with a PCI Service Provider Level 1 certificate, the most stringent level of security certification available. Stripe accepts most debit and credit cards. Your card details do not pass through the Nick Oakley Photography website: no card details will be collected or stored by Nick Oakley Photography or on our webserver.
- Confirmation: A confirmation email will be sent once the payment has been successfully taken. This is usually immediate although it can take up to two days.